• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

manager verbal harassment during family illness

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

twinfamily

I have recently returned to work after giving birth to premature twins. Both babies were in the hospital during a week in which we had a list due. I informed the recipient I would be late. I received a rude and demeaning voicemail from my manager regarding the fact that i was late with the assignment. Can a manager verbally assault an employee based on lateness due to family illness??? This seems unfair?

A

Attorney_Replogle

As yet there is no law requiring employers to be nice and kind to their employees, even if they are out on maternity leave. From what you have written it is my opinion that it is simple meaness, not a form of unlawful discrimination.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">