• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mandatory education

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Legalnurse

What is the name of your state? Missouri

If an employer is requiring an educational seminar for you to attend, and you must take the class in order to continue being employed at the facility, do I have to be required to pay for the seminar myself? I was under the impression that if it is required by the employer, they are required to pay for it. This is an expensive seminar, and I don't have the money to pay for it right now. Any help?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Legalnurse said:
What is the name of your state? Missouri

If an employer is requiring an educational seminar for you to attend, and you must take the class in order to continue being employed at the facility, do I have to be required to pay for the seminar myself? I was under the impression that if it is required by the employer, they are required to pay for it. This is an expensive seminar, and I don't have the money to pay for it right now. Any help?

My response:

What would you like in the way of "help"?

Should we pass around a "collection plate" for you?

You either pay for your own, necessary, continuing education or you quit your job and learn to flip hamburgers.

What about all of your warrants?

IAAL

Beth3

If it's required, your employer has to pay for your time but there aren't any federal laws, nor any MO reg's, that require them to pay for the class or seminar.

L

Legalnurse

"What would you like in the way of "help"?
Should we pass around a "collection plate" for you?
You either pay for your own, necessary, continuing education or you quit your job and learn to flip hamburgers.

Sorry, should have made my message a little more clear. By "help", I was asking for any suggestions or any knowledge of the subject. I just started viewing these boards yesterday when I made my first post. The first reply I received on these boards sort of makes you not want to come back.

However, thank you Beth for your reply. I didn't realize that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">