• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Many questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jso

:confused: What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

My grandma died back in 2001, before she died she had repeatedly hinted at me about her will. After her death my grandpa (her husband) or no other family member ever approached me about her will, so I thought nothing else of it. Recently I found out that my grandma owned numerous properties and was very wealthy.
I also found out that my grandma's sister had my grandpa at an attorney's office for hours a day, two weeks straight, after my grandma's death. Oh yeah :eek: , my grandma's sister also moved into my grandma and grandpa's house almost immediately after she died. :eek:

Now since finding out that my grandma had so much money I can't believe that she wouldn't have left anyone anything. (And I definately know she wouldn't have wanted her husband to be dating her sister! ):confused:

Sometimes it takes hours on end at a lawyer's office.

It is also NONE of your business who he sees or dates.

Ask to see the Will or get a copy once one is filed at the court house.

jso

freespeech, I won't take your attitude personally because I've seen that you're a ray of sunshine in all of your posts. :rolleyes:

If anyone ELSE has any advice I would appreciate it. :)

jso

I just learned through the probate registrar that my grandfather should have filed my grandmother's will within 30 days after her death (it's a WI statute)

It's been all these years that he hasn't filed it. Even if she did leave everything to him, he was still supposed to file it. :confused:

My mother told me that she asked him once about the will, and he yelled at her that she should forget about it because "it's all his."

Is it possible that someone else besides him has the will, such as her old attorney, etc.... Wouldn't that person then have to file it?

What now....? :eek:

BelizeBreeze

And why have you not filed Probate for Granny's estate as INTESTATE. Then, if gramps does have her will he'll have to produce it to counter the 'without a will' succession.

jso

Thanks for your advice, I must admit I don't quite understand what you're saying. :eek: :confused: I will look up "INTESTATE" and try and figure it out.

Do you know if this can be done anonymously?

BelizeBreeze

jso said:
Thanks for your advice, I must admit I don't quite understand what you're saying. :eek: :confused: I will look up "INTESTATE" and try and figure it out.

Do you know if this can be done anonymously?
No it cannot be done anonymously. Filing probate is done at the county Probate court where Grandma died.

And simply filing probate and getting the ball rolling is not the same a contesting the will so gramps has no dog in that fight.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">