• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

maps copyrights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gvrglife

Hi everyone,

I am from Mauritius.

I have maps which have copyrights. I now what to scan the maps and load it into a program where having the scanned image as background i would like to plot my points to get the shapes of the scanned maps.

Now i will use these points from now on to draw more or less the shapes of the maps. But am i violating the copyright on the maps??
The coppyright on the maps are supposed to copyright what??
the image only or any derivation even extracting points from a sanned map??

Regards
Laval

divgradcurl

gvrglife said:
Hi everyone,

I am from Mauritius.

I have maps which have copyrights. I now what to scan the maps and load it into a program where having the scanned image as background i would like to plot my points to get the shapes of the scanned maps.

Now i will use these points from now on to draw more or less the shapes of the maps. But am i violating the copyright on the maps??
The coppyright on the maps are supposed to copyright what??
the image only or any derivation even extracting points from a sanned map??

Regards
Laval
U.S. Law only.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">