• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

marijuana a problem??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

zachsmom1966

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I smoke pot on occassion (approx. once a month). I am going to file for divorce and my husband is saying that I will not get custody of our 2 year old son because he will have the court test me and prove that I use drugs! Can this hurt me??

I am, in no way, a drug addict. I never smoke when my son is around and I rarley do it to begin with. My husband on the other hand is an alcoholic and abuses perscprition drugs..I want full custody of my son!

Should I worry??? :confused:

karma1

this is medical usage, right?

phuleeeeezeeeee-
tell me you're not justifying an illegal drug use and think custody should be given to you?

L

Lil Miss Smarty Panties

unless you have glaucoma or cancer, yeah, you have every reason to worry. my advice? quit smoking pot. NOW

C

craftymom

If you "rarely do it to begin with", then it shouldn't be all that much trouble to quit, right?

L

lotusvampire

Pot is bad M'KAY

Pot is a illegal drug by definition
WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THAT YOU CAN SMOKE POT AND RAISE A CHILD IN THIS DAY AND AGE?????:mad:

T

taking2long

OOPS

Bet you're sorry you asked that question. Hopefully you meant to say "I used to smoke pot on occasion..."

And you were just wondering if that fact that you USED to occasionally smoke pot would hurt your case.

Right?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I'm just sitting here shaking my head.

Clean up *now*. Get rid of your stash, the rolling papers, the bong. And quit. It really *is* as simple as that. Because YES he can use this against you.

K

KCMR

Why would you ask a question like that? You already know the answer...right?

Do you know how many people go into Court Concilliation, or Court that testify to the ex smoking pot? A TON... I've seen so many judges roll their eyes over this one. I was going to do it with my ex until my attorney STRONGLY suggested I not even bother!!!
Chances are they aren't going to test you. However, it may be a smart decision to give up the "once a month" smoke out. If you are only smoking once a month the traces of pot in your system will be so minimal it won't even be detected...unless they really want to get you and give you like a hair test or something. But I can't imagine something like that happening.

Just give it up already...it's really not a big deal!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I just wonder how approximate that "approx once a month" really is.

Guess the question it all boils down to is - Is the occasional toke worth losing custody of your child? Wouldn't be to me.

A

angel_face16

Whoo.............You ask for legal advice and you're attacked for you're personal choices. I think people are forgetting the purpose of this board. Brutal. Anyway, they ARE correct. Testing positive for ANY kind of drug use can hurt you. Go on a liquid diet of natural fruit juices for a few days to clean your system out and begin drinking at least a gallon of water per day. After that eat plenty of raw vegetables and salad and pick some niacin up. That should clean your system out because it would be ashame to lose your child for something this stupid. Good luck.

CMSC

angel_face16 said:
Whoo.............You ask for legal advice and you're attacked for you're personal choices. I think people are forgetting the purpose of this board. Brutal. Anyway, they ARE correct. Testing positive for ANY kind of drug use can hurt you. Go on a liquid diet of natural fruit juices for a few days to clean your system out and begin drinking at least a gallon of water per day. After that eat plenty of raw vegetables and salad and pick some niacin up. That should clean your system out because it would be ashame to lose your child for something this stupid. Good luck.
wow! that was great advice, give a drug addict a way to sober up quick and get the toxins out so she isn't busted in court!

Maybe it wouldn't be a shame for these parents to loose their child for a week or so...that would be the best way to sober someone up!

A

angel_face16

I personally, don't smoke marijuana. But I do however know people that do and what I know is that it doesn't make them a bad person nor a bad parent if they're not exposing their children to it. Everyone has vices, some just happen to be legal and some aren't. I've never heard of anyone committing murder while high on marijuana yet that's illegal. But people are killed EVERYDAY by drunk drivers and alcohol IS legal. And unless you're the judge presiding over her custody case or God, it's not YOUR job to judge either. I wish her the best of luck with her case.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Well, angel_face.... you also assume that she's not going to be subject to random drug tests. Personally, I think the kid should go to someone else while the both of them sort out what's important to them.

JaneyS4

But I do however know people that do and what I know is that it doesn't make them a bad person nor a bad parent if they're not exposing their children to it.

Doesn't matter if it makes them a bad person or a bad parent. Its illegal, period. When your trying to hang on to your children, you don't do illegal things if you know whats good for you. Common sense says that question shouldn't have even been a question.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">