• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Marijuana Restriction for felony battery case.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Speaking to the "med card" mentioned by the OP: You can get a medical marijuana card by just paying the money and having a perfunctory "examination." You can get a card because of a pimple if you pay the right fee to the right doctor. The courts know this.

quincy

Speaking to the "med card" mentioned by the OP: You can get a medical marijuana card by just paying the money and having a perfunctory "examination." You can get a card because of a pimple if you pay the right fee to the right doctor. The courts know this.
That’s pretty much how it works in Michigan, too.

FYI11995

If your claim is that you have a medical necessity for marijuana, then yeah, you'll have no chance of succeeding on a motion without testimony from a doctor.
Does it have to be my psychiatrist, or can it be from another doctor? Cause my psychiatrist will not do it.

quincy

Does it have to be my psychiatrist, or can it be from another doctor? Cause my psychiatrist will not do it.
Any doctor you see will want to know about the terms of your probation that restrict drug and alcohol use, and will want to know about your court-ordered mental health treatment. Any doctor you see will want to coordinate his/her treatment recommendations for you with the current treatments for you by your psychiatrist. NO doctor will want to prescribe for you anything that could adversely interfere with your current medical treatment or legal restrictions.

I suggest you seek guidance from an attorney in your area.

quincy

The psychiatrist might be able to come up with an effective alternative to marijuana, if marijuana is being used for depression.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">