• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

marijuena under 30 grams

• Thread starter Heather Welberry
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

Heather Welberry

I was arrested on oct. 19 and was given a court date of dec 7th at 9 am by everyone that I saw as I left the court house and by the sheriff's deputies. My court date was really dec 6 at 9 am so of course I missed it which I never would have done under ANY situation. I went in today at 9 am like I thought I was suppoed to and was told that there was a warrant out for my arrest. I explained the situation to the deputy in charge and she gave me another court dat for tommorow evening dec 8 at 7pm. my question is I am a single mother and am a full time student at iupui. I just now found a part time job but don't start until next week. what should I tell the judge as far as guilty or not guilty ? I can not afford to pay any fines right now because I am recieving welfare and foodstamps that only pay my rent and a small amound of food. I also don't have the option of working the fines off in jail because I have no one to take care of my three year old son and will loose the new job I just got so that I can get off welfare and food stamps. I am now seeing a psychologist and a therapist for my drug problem and have been clean since the time of my arrest. Should I ask for a public defender or should I explain my situation to the judge and see what he can do for me? I will check for a reply tomorrow before I go to court. I just don't know what to do here and have no one to ask these questions to. Thank You very much.

J

juanitag

Please ask the judge to appoint counsel for you. Your situation is too important to try and wing this alone. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">