• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Marked as no fault to Vehicle 1 (me), yet insurance settled at 50/50 fault??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rdubya

NJ...

I was recently involved in an accident where the police report clearly showed I was not at fault, and on top of that the officer reported that there was no fault to vehicle 1 (me).

The other person fights this with insurance and ends up getting it to a 50/50 fault.

What am I missing here???

OHRoadwarrior

The opinion of a police officer is not evidence in the establishment of insurance liability except under one condition. If you are cited for a no contact action that resulted in another vehicle crashing and are found guilty.

ecmst12

You didn't say what happened in the accident, but the insurance company is never required to agree with the police report's determination of fault, and the police report is not always correct legally either.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">