• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

marriae ceremony right away

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I need to get married immediately in the santaclara, CA area. Who can perform the ceremony besides judes, clergy, and justices of the peace? Can qualified notaries and county clerks do this? I must get married on 5/9 or 5/10/2001. PLEASE--can anyone help me find out who I can o to for immediate ceremony?



You forgot to mention one thing - the time!!!!! Lord knows why you need to do this - but I guess it's none of my business.

Anyway, you could always call your local courthouse for information.

I found some information which may be of help on whom etc.:


SECTION 400-402

400. Marriage may be solemnized by any of the following who is of
the age of 18 years or older:
(a) A priest, minister, or rabbi of any religious denomination.
(b) A judge or retired judge, commissioner of civil marriages or
retired commissioner of civil marriages, commissioner or retired
commissioner, or assistant commissioner of a court of record in this
(c) A judge or magistrate who has resigned from office.
(d) Any of the following judges or magistrates of the United
(1) A justice or retired justice of the United States Supreme
(2) A judge or retired judge of a court of appeals, a district
court, or a court created by an act of Congress the judges of which
are entitled to hold office during good behavior.
(3) A judge or retired judge of a bankruptcy court or a tax court.

(4) A United States magistrate or retired magistrate.
(e) A legislator or constitutional officer of this state or a
member of Congress who represents a district within this state, while
that person holds office.

401. (a) For each county, the county clerk is designated as a
commissioner of civil marriages.
(b) The commissioner of civil marriages may appoint deputy
commissioners of civil marriages who may solemnize marriages under
the direction of the commissioner of civil marriages and shall
perform other duties directed by the commissioner.

402. In addition to the persons permitted to solemnize marriages
under Section 400, a county may license officials of a nonprofit
religious institution, whose articles of incorporation are registered
with the Secretary of State, to solemnize the marriages of persons
who are affiliated with or are members of the religious institution.
The licensee shall possess the degree of doctor of philosophy and
must perform religious services or rites for the institution on a
regular basis. The marriages shall be performed without fee to the



The license! Now why didn't I think of that!

Wonder if there's a waiting period? Could mess things up a little eh?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential