• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Marriage Fraud/Bigamy, Aggravated Forgery please read

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fajr22

My name is Fred and i am from Maine, after being married for almost 3 years, I found out the my wife was still married legally to a man out of state. Once i found out my wife had a previous undisclosed marriage, she disappeared and filed for divorce, claiming I was having an affair. Unable to prove it initially i was forced to execute the divorce, During the divorce i was not allowed to expound on her previous marriage or enter any evidence questioning such. I did however get her to admit under oath she was married before her previous husband, however was not allowed to continue my questioning. She falsified, mine and the man directly before mes marriage certs, with 2 different false dates of birth and neither disclosing her first marriage.

After 2 years, I am still in appeal and have now found her legal marriage cert from Yorksire England. It is a legitimate legal marriage with no divorce or annulment on record. Afte going through filing i have found Forged checks and ALL of the legal docs I have are with a false DOB. As well as her real estate license, all job Applications and she used 2 diferent social security numbers. The man before me had no idea until i uncovered this. Between him and me we have lost nearly 1.2 million dollars

I took this info to the DA and they say Bigamy is a misdemeanor in Maine only punishable by sixth months for each violation. However aggravated forgery is a class b crime punishable up to ten years for each violation.

My question is what do i do?? Should i hire a lawyer to reopen my marriage case and to sue for restitution?? What else can this be considered punishable by law?? Any help would be great thanks. This story is truly for TV please contact me with any help or insite you can offer... [email protected]

Dave1952

I bet the DA was aware of the laws for forgery as he hustled you out of his office. He's not interested in your problems.
Surely you haven't delayed your divorce so you can try to pursue this twaddle. Get your divorce and move on.

Good luck

OHRoadwarrior

This sounds more along the lines of theft by deception. I would consider trying to find a former judge or prosecutor in the locality of the divorce now in private practice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">