• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

married daughter in rehab,husband won't support her

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joni13

undefinedundefinedWhat is the name of your state?TEXAS
DAUGHTER WAS COURT ORDERED TO 13 MONTH DRUG REHAB,HER HUSBAND IS OUT MESSING AROUND IN DRUGS AS WELL AS BRINGING STRIPPERS INTO THEIR HOME.MY DAUGHTER HAS ONLY BEEN GONE 6 DAYS.THEIR 7 YR OLD IS WITH HIS DAD FOR THE TIME BEING--WE ARENT FINANCIALLY STABLE TO HIRE AN ATTORNEY,BUT CPS IS LOOKING INTO THE DAD AND MOM CAUSE OF THEIR DRUG USE.MY DAUGHTER CANNOT MAKE PHONE CALLS RIGHT NOW FROM REHAB,HER BILLS AND STUFF IN HER NAME IS GETTING USED,AND OF COURSE WE WANT TO KNOW CAN WE HELP HER EVEN THOUGH LEGALLY SHE IS MARRIED TO THIS DEADBEAT? :eek: :eek: :eek:

BelizeBreeze

What do you mean 'help her?' do you mean get her off drugs? You've failed that job for a minimum of 18 years. What makes you think you'll succeed now?

If you mean help her in her choices of men, it's too late.

If you mean help her with cps, too late for that too.

So, what the hell are you talking about?

nextwife

She is a deadbeat who also married a deadbeat. Neither she nor her husband are doing anything positive for their child.

And she is only in rehab, it seems, because a JUDGE ordered it, she's not there on her own trying to straighten out.

joni13

bunch of whackos!!!!!!!!

how many people out there come from a decent family end up screwed up on drugs---my STEP daughter has made her bed for herself her MOM or DAD did not.CPS DOES NOT DO CRAP LADY--WE HAVE KIDS DYING FROM ABUSE IN TEXAS that were reported to cps.i would like some real advice on what steps could be taken,i am willing to help my stepdaughter as long as she is trying to help herself.court ordered rehab-lady if you aint never been there you cant knock her for being there unless she leaves and messes up,afterall the door is not locked there..sounds from your advice you live in a glass house,i live in reality. :rolleyes:

BelizeBreeze

joni13 said:
how many people out there come from a decent family end up screwed up on drugs---my STEP daughter has made her bed for herself her MOM or DAD did not.CPS DOES NOT DO CRAP LADY--WE HAVE KIDS DYING FROM ABUSE IN TEXAS that were reported to cps.i would like some real advice on what steps could be taken,i am willing to help my stepdaughter as long as she is trying to help herself.court ordered rehab-lady if you aint never been there you cant knock her for being there unless she leaves and messes up,afterall the door is not locked there..sounds from your advice you live in a glass house,i live in reality. :rolleyes:
Feel better? Because nothing you added makes any difference. Your daughter is not ENTITLED to support from her husband. PERIOD!

If you feel so strongly about helping a druggie, then YOU do it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">