• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

married in CA/want to divorce and move to GA with 1yr old baby

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Amy69

Help!
I've been married a litte more than 2 years. We married and live in California. I want a divorce and I want to move back to my homestate of Georgia. The problem is we have a 1 year old son and I don't know what the legal ramifications will be in terms of custody, etc. My husband has never really caught on to "best for the baby" idea and thinks it would be okay for him to fly cross country monthly for visitation (see what I'm dealing with?) How should I proceed?
Amy

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

I don't see the problem.

That's exactly what will happen. You'll be allowed to move, once you obtain court orders, and he'll be flying back and forth.

What's the problem ?

IAAL

A

Amy69

the problem

The problem is in the custody issue. I want to be the custodial parent and dont think that a one year old flying cross country on a monthly or even a more than once every six month basis is stable for his upbringing. His father forsees him being flown to Ca for one month and then to GA for a month, etc. I see it more as the baby living with me and seeing his father once or twice a year, unless dad is willing to fly himself more often. Does this make more sense? Sorry I was unclear. So, I guess my question is, will the court agree with me or will they agree with my husband in terms of custody? I don't want a divorce if it means my child flying back and forth constantly. And I don't know anything about all this stuff. Thanks.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: the problem

Amy69 said:
The problem is in the custody issue. I want to be the custodial parent and dont think that a one year old flying cross country on a monthly or even a more than once every six month basis is stable for his upbringing. His father forsees him being flown to Ca for one month and then to GA for a month, etc. I see it more as the baby living with me and seeing his father once or twice a year, unless dad is willing to fly himself more often. Does this make more sense? Sorry I was unclear. So, I guess my question is, will the court agree with me or will they agree with my husband in terms of custody? I don't want a divorce if it means my child flying back and forth constantly. And I don't know anything about all this stuff. Thanks.
My response:

I agree with you. Like I said, Daddy can do the flying. I don't even think a one year old is allowed to fly alone anyway. I believe there is an age minimum. Call one of the airlines and find out.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">