• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

married minor neice needs divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I live in oklahoma and have a 15yr. old neice living with me that her parents signed for her to be married. Since, her mother has been in and out of drug rehab, and 22 yr. old husband is in jail on drug charges. We have learned that she is considered an adult because of the marriage, but need to know what steps to take to get her divorced with the least amount of cost to us. All she is interested in is being a normal 15 yr. old normal teenage girl..what do we do first?


Senior Member
My response:

You said:

". . . but need to know what steps to take to get her divorced."

Well, that's a loaded and open-ended request ! We can't take you through each and every step of the legal process. If we could do that, we'd be putting you through law school, wouldn't we ?

Anyway, the cheapest way to do this is to go to your bookstore and buy a book on the subject of divorce. Then, if you understand what you're reading, then you can pretty much do this yourself.


Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential