• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Married wife while she had K1 visa, it wasnt mine.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jsluder69

From Las Vegas , Nevada.
My wife came to the Unites States under a former k1 visa to be with her then fiance. He met another woman, it sounds like before she even arrive here, and she was left with friends( and I work with one of these friends). Then I met her knowing that she only had 90 day k1 visa and we fell in love. We were married and then told when we went to begin immigration paperwork that the visa had to be in my name, and that she had to leave until I went through the k3 visa process. I have now done that and we have had approval for the I129 and the I130, and we are close to an embassy interview date. The embassy has told her that her case will be a difficult one, a 50/50 chance of approval. Does anyone have a simular situation or know of one? And one good thing of this situation, she did leave before her original 90 day visa deadline, so she didnt stay past her 90 days. Has anyone heard of this situation before, or have any input on it? The other simular storys I have read online, the Immigrant always stayed past the 90 day K1 deadline, and for that matter almost or over a year. I appreciate your comments. Jim :(

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

jsluder69 said:
From Las Vegas , Nevada.
My wife came to the Unites States under a former k1 visa to be with her then fiance. He met another woman, it sounds like before she even arrive here, and she was left with friends( and I work with one of these friends). Then I met her knowing that she only had 90 day k1 visa and we fell in love. We were married and then told when we went to begin immigration paperwork that the visa had to be in my name, and that she had to leave until I went through the k3 visa process. I have now done that and we have had approval for the I129 and the I130, and we are close to an embassy interview date. The embassy has told her that her case will be a difficult one, a 50/50 chance of approval. Does anyone have a simular situation or know of one? And one good thing of this situation, she did leave before her original 90 day visa deadline, so she didnt stay past her 90 days. Has anyone heard of this situation before, or have any input on it? The other simular storys I have read online, the Immigrant always stayed past the 90 day K1 deadline, and for that matter almost or over a year. I appreciate your comments. Jim :(

My response:

Anyone who falls for someone, and then marries that person, in less than 90 days deserves whatever happens - - and pal, you're going to find out in very short order why she wanted to marry you so quickly. As soon as she gets that Green Card, she's going to look at you and say, "Who the hell are you, anyway?"

In other words, you've been taken for a ride. Then, your jaw is going to drop wondering what the hell happened.

IAAL

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">