• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mass EMT in need of Attorney RE: Cobra and UC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MASSEMT

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

Good day from Massachusetts: :cool:

Here my problem, I was forced to resign or be fire. I can get into that offline later no UC determination has made yet. Fringe benefits: ERISA BC/BS HMO, Dental Ins. Disability?? (never rec’d any pw o it, always been run around). HMO and Dental are section 125.

What is urgent now is that the QE occurred on February 17th, but BC/BS HMO was canceled on February 15th. Two days before the QE. The employer notified the HMO within the thirty-days period March 15th. The HMO sent me a notice postmarked by fourteen day March 29th; however, their notice was for the HIPPA Certificate of CC. No COBRA election notice or forms. My question is: Have I been given notice as the ERISA/COBRA requires? If so, then I am in my sixty-days tolling period. I believe the tolling starts from the time of QE or when I get the notice, which is later!

Anyhow, what are my legal options. The employer has been difficult to work with and the work environment was hostile; especially, on the last day.

Please answer, thank you.
:eek:What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">