• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Massachusetts Pay Issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
i get an hourly base pay plus commison. i sell electronics at sears. i used to get 7.00 hr plus different % based on the different things i sold that week. but they started giving me 6.00 but didn't tell me i found out on my pay check


Senior Member
No, Massachusetts law requires that you be notified of a decrease in pay before the hours are worked at the new rate. You can file a claim with the state Attorney General's office, which serves the function of the Dept. of Labor in MA.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential