• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Maternity Disability Leave

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shelle1

What is the name of your state?NY- I WILL BE OFF WORK 6-8 WEEKS AFTER DELIVERING MY SECOND BABY, AND IF I CHOOSE NOT TO GO BACK TO WORK THEN CAN MY EMPLOYER TAKE AWAY MY DISABILTY PAYMENTS DURING THE 6-8 WEEKS I AM HOME ESPECIALLY IF THEY KNOW AHEAD OF TIME THAT I MAY NOT RETURN TO WORK? WGAT COULD BE THE BEST WAY TO GO ABOUT HANDLING THIS?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Please do not type in all caps; it makes your post very hard to read and is considered shouting on the Internet.

It is very unlikely that they would be able to require you to repay disability benefits if you do not return to work; however, without reading your disability policy it is impossible to say for certain.

NY is a funny state and so are their dissability policies. :D NYS Disbility is what you will receive when you go out on maternity leave. Your best bet is to not tell anyone that you don't plan on comming back. After your 6 weeks you could have another 6 weeks on the Family Leave Act but that is not paid time. In the mean time your employer does not have to hold your job during the 2nd 6 weeks they only have to offer you a compairable position.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">