• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Maternity Discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

ycats

I would like to find out if I have a legal case or not. When I returned from maturnity leave, my employer did not give me back my job that I had held for the past 2 1/2 years. When I returned to work following 6 weeks off for maturnity leave, my position had been given to someone else and my pay had been lowered $4000.00 annually. They would not allow me to return to the same position I had hald for the past 2 1/2 years I had been with this company. Is this legal? I had given them both written and verbal communication letting them know the date I would be returning. Shouldn't I have been permitted to return to my same position? Please adivise me on this matter immediately. Thank you for your assistance.

A

Attorney_Replogle

From my understanding of the law, the employer has to either keep your position open or fill it during your vacancy. If they fill it, they must then offer it back to you when you return, or provide a comparable job to you. It sounds like they failed to obey the law. So, you should contact a labor law attorney near you for further advice. You can find one at attorneypages.com.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">