• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Maternity Leave/Continuation of Pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rlw926

NC - I recently discovered that my company's disability plan was put in place after I notified them of my pregnancy. This means that my pregnancy is considered a pre-existing condition and therefore will not be covered by the disability plan. The insurance agent told me that my employer could have our legal counsel draw up a "Continuation of Compensation" (COP) statement that would allow the company to legally pay a percentage of my salary while I am out of the office. I have done some research to educate myself on this option, but everything I have found about Coninuation of Pay plans say that they are meant for traumatic injuries only. Legally, could maternity leave be covered by one of these COP statements in order to continue receiving salary?

Beth3

Only if your employer wanted to do so. They have no obligation to continue your salary while you're out on medical leave.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">