• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Maximum number of lawsuits?

• Thread starter rusty shaklefor
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rusty shaklefor

What is the name of your state? Texas

Hi, I'm in Texas and was curious if there is a maximum number of lawsuits I could have filed within a given timeframe. I am just about the most unlucky person in the world and therefore I have or could have quite a few going on now, but I didn't know if there was a maximum number. If there is I need to be selective about the ones I file.

thanks! :mad:

R

rusty shaklefor

does that mean there isn't a limit? I was putting together files this past weekend and I have 19 I could legitimately file. A few MIGHT be hard to win, but they are worth filing.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Note: I am not an attorney.

I am not aware of any limit to the number of lawsuits you can file. But if I were on a jury and the defense attorney were allowed to bring out the fact that the plaintiff had 18 other suits pending, it would not cause me to look favorably upon your position.

seniorjudge

The federal system and probably some state systems have flags that go up when you file so many lawsuits (and I do not know the number). You will be pegged as the local courthouse nut and have to prove you have a case before you can file it.

R

rusty shaklefor

What difference does it make if i have any other lawsuits pending? it wouldn't be admissible in court anyways, but why is that a factor? i wouldn't just file frivolous lawsuits for no reason, these are pretty good "winners". even after the 30% my lawyer gets, it is worth doing

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Just because you don't think they're friviolous lawsuits, doesn't mean that everyone else would agree.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">