• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

May 2018 Forum Update

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justalayman

XF assumes that if you leave a page after starting a post it was possibly in error and automatically restore it.

You need to actually delete the text (control-A, DELETE) to make it stop restoring it.

Actually, this is the CORRECT BEHAVIOR compared to vB's. vB asks you "if you're sure" which is a pita.
Well, do you have any helpful directions for those that post from their iPhones?

No control. No delete.

I backspaced the text into non-existence but it just keeps coming back

justalayman

Oh so now it acts totally different. I didn’t have to delete anything. I simply closed out the tab (tried just that tab and that tab plus the tab with the main forum open on it) and when I came back

NOTHING WAS THERE.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
XF assumes that if you leave a page after starting a post it was possibly in error and automatically restore it.

You need to actually delete the text (control-A, DELETE) to make it stop restoring it.

Actually, this is the CORRECT BEHAVIOR compared to vB's. vB asks you "if you're sure" which is a pita.
Is there some magic setting I need to adjust or something? Yes, the text will disappear when I do this, but... if I come back across the thread again after doing this, the text magically reappears.

justalayman

Did anybody see the spam? They’re all titled; how to hire a legit hacker. An oxymoron in my mind.

Well crap. Now it’s back to not deleting the text.

justalayman

Now I’m really confused. I must be doing something differently as I test this. Sometimes the type has returned, sometimes not.

Did the select all/ delete. Worked once. Didn’t work once.

Heck I don’t know, so;

Apologies in advance if something I type unintentionally shows up in a thread. Sometimes I don’t post the reply because it’s not nice. Kind of a catharsis thing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">