• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MAy be getting fired for a lie about me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

baylor3217

What is the name of your state? Texas

New leadership arrived about 1 year ago. Since then their portion of the project has been a dumpster fire and they have made many attempts to project onto the portion I have management responsibility for as the reason.

I have documented emails, audio recordings of comments, etc that contradict directly information that has appeared now in my formal Performance Appraisals.

I have informed my boss, an executive, that this comments a false, lies, and inaccurate and she has no interest in hearing it as she appears to be covering for the other team.

It appears I could soon be terminated over this. Ifnthat did happen, do I have any recourse? My evidence is voluminous and very well documented as I have seen this coming.

I am also within a year of some fairly substantial bonuses should I remain employed here and that may also be part of the motivation for the narrative that seems to be being fallaciously foisted upon me.

adjusterjack

Sorry, no recourse. Nothing illegal is happening.

I've been there a couple of times in my working life.

The best thing you can do for yourself is find another job and get out of there. As for your bonus, don't be naïve, they are already figuring out ways not to give it to you so don't waste another year on that place.

“The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,

Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.”
― Omar Khayyam

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If your plan document states that health insurance ends on the last day of employment, then they not only can, but must. It has been my experience in my 40 years of administering employer-sponsored benefits that approximately 50% of employers have their coverage end on the last day of employment, so it's entirely possible (and quite legal). You will be eligible for COBRA

ETA: in 49 out of 50 states, including Texas, they do not have to have grounds to fire you or proof that you did anything wrong - you can be fired because the day of the week ends in Y. So your "proof" that you didn't do what they say you did is just so much waste paper, sorry. I know it's frustrating and I'm sorry it's happening to you, but nothing you've posted suggests that you have any options but to file for unemployment (which you should do immediately) and look for a new job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">