• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

McClure-Volkmer Act - Dual Residency

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state?

I am a primary resident of Pennsylvania. My parents own a vacation home in New Jersey which I go to often. In the state of Pennsylvania, I am a licenced firearms owner with a concealed weapons permit. Under the McClure-Volkmer Act, am I allowed to transport my firearm, UNLOADED AND LOCKED in my trunk, untill I get to the home in New Jersey, then bring it in the home and reload it as protection? Obviously, I am not going to carry the weapon with me in New Jersey, just keep it at the house. When I come back home to PA, I will do the same thing, unload it and lock it in my trunk. Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential