• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mechanic Fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? Tennessee

I paid a auto mechanic to put a power steering pump on my car. When I asked for the receipt for the part, I realized it was a credit return. He had returned the part for cash and did not put the part on my car. What recourse do I have?


Senior Member
Sue him for your damages (amount paid) and see if the local DA will take criminal fraud charges on him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential