• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mechanics Lein filed for work never done.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vipertracy

What is the name of your state?Texsa
I reported my vehicle stolen with the Dallas Auto theft division when missing from my place of employment....I started calling trying to get info on vehicle from Auto theft division, i ask them to check to see if anyone had tried to register my truck, after looking they found that someone had filed for lost title and successfully registered my vehicle, an investigator was assigned, months later he discovered, that a place I have never taken my vehicle to in my life, but is a good friend of my ex-boyfriend,. had filed a mechanics lein on my truck and claimed repossesion......I am in shock, I contacted the Tx Dept of Public Transportation and have now received the vehicle registration history along with the vehicle title history. It appears that this company claimed to have done 6K worth of work on 4/25/02, then on 5/14/04 somehow got a mechanis lein....note I have NEVER taken my vehicle to this place nor would I have never signed anything having work done, the address they were claiming to sending certified mail to is a address my ex-boyfriend knew I did not live at, therefore there is nothing signed for receiving any notification that this was taking place, obviously I was not at hearing because I knew nothing about what was taking place.....why would any judge grant this mecahincs lein under these circumstances and what can i do to get back my vehicle???? help carless and desparate....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">