• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mediation Advice?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

steven200738

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota. I have a sizeable default judgment against my former employer. Mediation is set up for later this month, but their lawyer has stated that immediately following mediation, the company may seek to vacate the judgment. I know my former employer wants that judgment off the record. Why wouldn't they try to vacate the judgment before mediation? All I can come up with is they are going to try and settle, and as part of the settlement, we will agree to not stand in the way of the motion to vacate. Does this make any sense, or is it some kind of trick? I don't think my former employer knows this yet, but I have enough information and evidence to show bankruptcy fraud (yes, he filed for chapter 7bankruptcy personally and claims the company went out of business), embezzlement, commingling, fraud, and tax evasion (in my opinion). I am looking for your opinion or any mediation advice at all. I have a lawyer, but am always looking for another point of view. I am willing to compromise in mediation and know exactly what I will settle for. If you have experience in this or opinions, I am all ears. Thanks so much. MinnesotaWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">