• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mediation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Kim328

What is the name of your state? FL

Guardian is wrapping up investigation and should submit report to judge any day. Indicators that recommendation will be for a custody change favorable to me. My deposition was being scheduled in December but opposition has requested mediation instead.

Can anyone speculate as to whether opposition is requesting mediation because they are considering giving in before proceeding to court? Or could this be some sort of stall tactic or something like that?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to consider.

VeronicaGia

Mostly just bumping your post. I know a deposition can be expensive, whereas mediation may not be. Also, sometimes a judge will order mediation to see if the parties can come to an agreement and avoid a long, expensive battle.

K

Kim328

We are nearing the end. Trial date is supposed to be set in January.

Thank you for your ideas and thoughts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">