• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

medicade payment acceptance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

zeno

I suffered traumatic injury while on vacation in South Carolina. It was a freak accident no one was at fault, I broke my neck but thanks to wonderful emergency care I have fully recovered.
I am a PA resident and PA medical assistance picked up the bill as I met the financial requirements. Since there was no way of being moved with the fractures extensive care was given in South Carolina. Most of the SC care providers have accepted the payment offered by PA medical assistance (medicade). However there are a few holdouts claiming since it is out of state assistance they do not have to accept the payment as it is not the full amount billed and they have no agreement with PA med. assitance.
I have worked out payment plans with them. A short time after doing so one care provider changed their mind and said they would take the PA med. assistance.

My question is: Can care providers refuse to accept partial payment as payment in full from an out of state Med. Assistance program where the emergency nature of the injury prevented treatment in the home state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">