• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medicaid, BCBS or BOTH ????????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

StarsMoon

This is happening in Ga and hubby lives in Fl.
We had found this out 8 months ago. Just curious how this is legal and how BM has gotten away with this.
Is it possible for a mother to obtain Medicaid coverage for hubby's son when hubby carries and pays premiums for BCBS medical ins and dental ins only on himself and the child. WITHOUT the KNOWLEDGE of hubby knowing about the Medicaid coverage for his child?
Is there ANY recourse hubby needs to look into to make sure that St of Ga. doesn't file suit on him to pay back money that she used for child and possibly her too. I'm pretty sure thats how she has herself covered medically(bc she won't work). She has copies of the BCBS cards but why she chose to have used the Medicaid, I don't know.
Also, BM has another child that is younger than hubby's child, from another man. The 2nd child lives with that father and his mother. They basically raise and support that child. BM sees 2nd child when convenient for her. This being the same for my hubby's child, child lives with and goes to school where grandma(her mother) lives, while BM lives in different county.
Just want to take pre-caution if Ga decides to prosecute someone.... ( State is suing 2nd father for CS recovery,etc) Any info would be greatly appreciated.....
:confused:

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">