• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

medicaid fraud???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

NYMOM

I have posted this in the famil custody section also but thought perhaps I would get more answers here. My husband has a child..never married to the mother...but he was ordered and does provide medical insurance for his son. However, We have found that she is using medicaid as primary insurance even though my husband has him on his medical coverage. I spoke with the medicaid office as a hypothetical situation today and they said this would be fraud of the system. My question is can my husband be held responsible for the expense in any way??
Also should we do anything about this or should we just leave it alone?

D

Donna32669

Medicade Fraud

Fraud is fraud, and while I suspect you may get a little satisfaction from reporting her (I would, I hate to admit it), it is because of the double dipping that we all pay too much. Turn her in and let the chips fall where they may. If your husband is up to date on his support, and he's covering the child as court ordered then do the right thing. I doubt he can be held responsible, he didn't sign any of the doctors billing authorizations, did he?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">