• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medicaid

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

confused1871

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OH

I am a disabled person with a mental illness SSDI and Medicare only. I been disabled awhile so this isn't about the two year wait to get Medicare. This is concerning Medicaid. I don't qualify for medicaid because of my SSDI income is over the limits and I do not meet the spend down requirements.

I found out last year 2016 that Medicaid was listed as a secondary insurance when a provider was verifying benefits and was turned away because they didn't take Medicaid. I verified through Medicare that the 2nd insurance was Medicaid and they told me is and has been since 2012. Medicare and I conference called both state and county Medicaid offices to get it removed and no one knew how to take it off. I reached out via email to the director of medicaid for the state and explained the situation and it was removed in Nov 2016.

With that Medicaid attached to my Medicare in the CMS (centers for medicare/medicaid) system that caused for me to have very broken services for 4 yrs. Providers were turning me away and dropping me. One even refunded my co-pays. From my understanding it's against the law for any provider to accept co-pays from people who are dual eligible. This was locking me out of services that I was rightfully entitled to under the Medicare.

Then another thing I thought about and I could be wrong. With the repeal of the ACA and Medicaid expansion there has been much discussion going on. From my understanding the states get paid for every person enrolled into Medicaid from the federal government could this been fraud? Ohio was one of the states that expanded the Medicaid in 2012 which was the same time Medicaid was added as the secondary insurance. That would be pretty messed up if the state profited at my expense and locked me from the services I needed.

I have reached out to various mental health advocacy groups and no one will help with what happened. I tried legal aid and they won't help because my complaint is with the state. Disability rights said I wasn't a priority in what they deal with. I spoke with the state ship ofc and they can't help because of my age they only help people over 60 (im 46) so I fall in the cracks. What the state did to me is very unfair and they need to be help accountable for what happened. Anything else I might do? people to call? I swear I have covered it all.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You do understand that the repeal of the ACA failed and it is still the law of the land, correct?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">