• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medical Benefits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pmlgy

What is the name of your state? Michigan

My husband is currently contracted with a staffing firm in Massachusetts and working in Michigan. In his contract, it was stated that he was entitled to medical benefits.

I have requested benefit information from his contact several times to no avail beginning when his 90 days were up. We have never received any information whether by phone, email, or snail mail. My husband contacted his account manager and was given a number of the benefits administrator. She claimed she sent an email regarding his benefits in October. Other people at his job location received their benefit information by mail. He was told that he was no longer in his open enrollment period and that if he wanted to enroll, he would be responsible for all costs dating back to when he was first employed (August). If he chose not to pay, he would not be able to enroll until August, another 7 months.

My question is, can they make us responsible for paying all costs retroactively?

Any help and advice anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.What is the name of your state?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
They're stretching the law IN YOUR FAVOR by allowing you to access the plan retroactively at all. If they were following the letter of the law, they'd make him wait till the next open enrollment period.

If I had a quarter for every time someone claimed not to have received an e-mail or mailing that I had proof of sending, I could retire. What proof do you have that no notification was sent?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">