• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medical Billing.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

Windaz

North Carolina.
Last year I was involved in an auto accident for which I had no health insurance cover. (I couldn't get it, I was not a permanent resident at the time).
I could not afford to pay cash for all the medical bills and made an agreement with each creditor to pay monthly instalments until the other guy's insurance company pays up. (they have admitted full liability).
I have a problem with one particular medical bill as they are charging me a high rate of interest on the outstanding amount, even though they did not tell me anything about interest, just saying that it would be okay so long as I paid $30 per month. They did not ask me to sign a formal credit agreement or give ANY information about their policy or interest, whether verbally or in writing.
Is it legal for them to continue charging me interest under the circumstances or am I able to ask for a refund of the interest already paid?:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">