• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

medical billing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

t_ahenderson

What is the name of your state? Louisiana

I have received a bill from a doctor's office for services rendered over 2 years ago. When the statement was originally received, I sent a letter disputing the charges and the delay in billing. I am still receiving this bill & the account status is now delinquent. Am I liable for these charges & will have to dig in old receipts to find where I have paid the encounter fee (all that I was liable for according to the insurance company) or have they exceeded their statute of limitations? :confused:

S

spongeron

medical Billing

Same question, for Minnesota. My bill is two and a half years old, and the company admits to just posting it in June 2002, when the procedure was performed in Feb. 2000

D

dianne stanek

my daughter had back (failed I might ad) surgery in April of 2000.
As part of her recovery She was asked to go to rehabilitation theraphy for 60 days which she did. Her insurance at the time would not allow her to comply without a referral after every 10 sessions. She completed her 60 sessions with all of the referrals and now, after all of this time, she is being told that the 60 days had to be consecutive and since they were not, she would be responsible for the balance of $760. No one in the doctors office ever told her this and since the referrals were given to her she thought everything was covered. HELP!!!! Is she responsible??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">