• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medical Billing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hosshead

What is the name of your state?

Georgia

my daughter was injured and later had surgery and was assigned to complete physical therapy. The medical office that was to provide the therapy had her seeing a PT assistant but my insurance would only pay for a licensed therapist to provide the services . the PT office had to pay back the insurance company for charges they had received payment for and now are billing me for the entire amount although I was never informed of this nor did I sign any agreement to be responsible for any charges the insurance didnt cover . They dropped her as a patient prior to her scheduled completion and later started billing me .. What are my obligations

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You (in this case your daughter) received the services. Therefore you are responsible for the payment of these services whether you signed an agreement or not.

There is no way for us to say what recourse you may have. Depending on the terms of your insurance contract, it may have been your responsibility to see that your daughter was seen by a licensed therapist, in which case you're out of luck; or it may have been the doctor's responsbility, in which case there may be some recourse available to you (someone at the insurance carrier's Provider Relations department will be able to help you sort that out). But you are not excused from responsibility for payment just because you never signed anything agreeing to pay what the insurance didn't.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">