• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medical billing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Well, I would hope it wasn’t sold to a debt collector that quickly. Heck, that is quick for the eobs.

Since you can’t seem to contact the billing entity, I would contact the hospital and ask them about the issue. They may have contact info or they may be able to help you determine if the bill is from a legitimate entity.
I was naive enough to believe I could do just that by phone. After being transferred 3 times and each time having to repeat everything I told the previous person they transfered me to a 4th person who wanted my info all over again. I hung up and will make the trek to the hospital tomorrow.

quincy

I was naive enough to believe I could do just that by phone. After being transferred 3 times and each time having to repeat everything I told the previous person they transfered me to a 4th person who wanted my info all over again. I hung up and will make the trek to the hospital tomorrow.
It can be wise to make an appointment first.

LdiJ

I definitely would not pay it without verification that it's valid. I also think it sounds scammy.

One time I got a bill from another provider more than 8 months after my hospital visit. I looked the company up and they didn't even exist until 6 months after my hospital visit. I sent them a letter pointing that out and never heard another word from them.

It can be wise to make an appointment first.
You mean I should have kept giving my info to more people until I finally reached a cognoscente person to set an appointment?
Sorry Quincy my patience is exhausted with hospital. The surgeon who performed my hernia said he saw some discoloration on my liver. (I was honestly surprised that it has survived my youthful indulgences). So he set up an ultrasound to check. The results were inconclusive so he set up a CAT scan as it might be cancer and he was worried. Had the CAT scan and the nurse said the results will be sent to the surgeons office within 24 hours. A week later I'm still waiting for his office to contact me with the result. And no, I'm not going to contact his office, I just won't pay that bill until I get the results.

quincy

You mean I should have kept giving my info to more people until I finally reached a cognoscente person to set an appointment?
Sorry Quincy my patience is exhausted with hospital. The surgeon who performed my hernia said he saw some discoloration on my liver. (I was honestly surprised that it has survived my youthful indulgences). So he set up an ultrasound to check. The results were inconclusive so he set up a CAT scan as it might be cancer and he was worried. Had the CAT scan and the nurse said the results will be sent to the surgeons office within 24 hours. A week later I'm still waiting for his office to contact me with the result. And no, I'm not going to contact his office, I just won't pay that bill until I get the results.
Okay. That is certainly one of your options.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">