• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

medical bills

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kaluah44

I currently live in AZ, but my question is broder reaching than the state. I am a healthcare professional and take care of many people without insurance or even citizenship for that matter. However, under the current system, if they are dropped off in the ER they must be treated. (I'm speaking of thousands of dollars worth of surgery that we the tax payers absorb). I have heard that collection of medical bills cannot effect your credit rating. I guess my question is:
What is the repercussion if you or I just dropped our health insurance, came to the hospital when sick anyway, and just ignored the enormous billing statements?
I have looked all over the place and cannot find anything to address this scenario.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">