• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

medical costs on personal injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

craigharley

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas

Thank you for offering this free advice. I am ready to file my injury claim
to the 3rd party's insurance company. I have waited 17 months to see how
my injury progressed. What I want to know is should I claim the actual
cost of the medical service, or the "discounted" amount offered to my
corporate insurance provider? In other words if an MRI costs $1600 and they discounted the service to my insurance provider for $900 -- can I claim the acutal cost for the service or just the amount they actually billed. My understanding is that the 3rd party paying the claim should not benefit
from an insurance discount offered to my insurance provider that I am paying for. Am I clear enough on the question?

Thank you for your time.

craigharley

Last edited:

litltexas

The attorney I had told me to file on the full amount. Most of the time the health insurance companies have a subrogation clause that they get their money back from the settlement.

I believe we loose enough when were hurt by someone else's mistakes.

I give you credit for trying to handle this yourself. I've found it's hard to find a good attorney or at least one with a heart. Sometimes it's the law that's against us and they can't help it. Sometimes they just don't care.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">