• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medical debt collection

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rrbtlb

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Colorado.
I have a medical bill that has gone to collections. First off I have never received any bills for this yet until the collection notice came. Now my Health insurance customer service is trying to deal with them because they say that I am not responsible for the portion of the charges they are trying to collect. They have sent them the Explanation of Benefits and other items but I am still getting notices and phone calls. I do not want this to show as a collection on my credit when I have paid in full my portion of the bill based on the insurance paperwork. I am wondering how long I should wait and if I need to contact a lawyer.
Thanks,
T

quincy

You can dispute the collection accounts appearing on your credit reports by contacting each of the three major credit reporting agencies (TransUnion, Experian, Equifax). If you visit their websites, what you need to do is explained.

justalayman

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Colorado.
I have a medical bill that has gone to collections. First off I have never received any bills for this yet until the collection notice came. Now my Health insurance customer service is trying to deal with them because they say that I am not responsible for the portion of the charges they are trying to collect. They have sent them the Explanation of Benefits and other items but I am still getting notices and phone calls. I do not want this to show as a collection on my credit when I have paid in full my portion of the bill based on the insurance paperwork. I am wondering how long I should wait and if I need to contact a lawyer.
Thanks,
T
Your insurance paperwork could be incorrect.

Is your insurance a PPO or some other managed health care system? If so, this should be handled by your insurance company.

If it isn’t a managed health care system, the provider is not bound by anything your insurance provider states.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">