• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medical Discharge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

johngagat

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

I was Honorably discharged from the VA National Guard under medical conditions. Would I be entitled to VA benefits?

FlyingRon

Your discharge will get you the same benefits based on your duration of service. Your honorable discharge isn't tainted by the medical aspect. In fact, even a straight medical would get you the same benefits. Most are qualified by requiring a discharge that is "not dishonorable."

You even get a break on some of the time requirements if the discharge was for a service-related disability.

SHORTY LONG

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

I was Honorably discharged from the VA National Guard under medical conditions. Would I be entitled to VA benefits?
Justice apparently still does move swiftly. Just the other day, you stated that you were "Unlawfully terminated." Thank God, and kiss your lucky stars that you and the powers to be came to a very good resolution in that, you were Medically discharged under Honorable Conditions.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
Justice apparently still does move swiftly. Just the other day, you stated that you were "Unlawfully terminated." Thank God, and kiss your lucky stars that you and the powers to be came to a very good resolution in that, you were Medically discharged under Honorable Conditions.
He was fired from his mil-tech position, which is different than his position in the NG. So one can be discharged from the NG while at the same time being fired from his civilian position.

SHORTY LONG

He was fired from his mil-tech position, which is different than his position in the NG. So one can be discharged from the NG while at the same time being fired from his civilian position.
Now ain't that a hoot! Good catch Shadowbunny! My Bad, and I will be much more eagle eyed as times go by!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">