• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medical expenses

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

Long story short..... My ex refuses to pay half of our daughters braces. They are fully paid for by my current husband, the braces have actually been off since May 2014. Our agreement says he is responsible for 60 and me 40, I was just asking half and even let him deduct the full insurance portion from his half because he pays her insurance (court ordered to).

Do I attempt to collect this from small claims court? I googled and found lots of information on contempt of court. Is there a "right" way?

He lives out of state if that matters.
Last edited:


Senior Member
Question: Is he ordered to pay for 60% of "orthodontia" or 60% of "dental expenses"? Those are two very different things in the realm of court orders. Please state word for work what portion of your court order (without names) states coverage expenses and what should be covered.


Junior Member
It says "all extraordinary medical, dental, prescription and therapy expenses for the minor not covered by insurance shall be shared pursuant to C.R.S 14-10-115"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential