• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medical Insurance Coverage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

corp626

What is the name of your state? Colorado

On December 23rd, 2005 I took my son to the doctor only to learn that I had no medical coverage. I had been paying a premium of $78.80 bi-weekly out of my paychecks to the company for months. The insurance provider informed me that I wasn't a member of their plan. I ended up paying out of pocket for my son's care and prescripions. I notified the benefits department the following Tuesday only to be told that somehow my paperwork never made it over to the insurance provider. They did an emergecy enrollment that day, December 27th. I have since requested a refund for the premiums that was taken out of my paychecks for coverage that wasn't in place. I litterally had coverage for 4 days of 2005! Does my company have to refund me the money they charged me for insurance when I actually wasn't covered at all? I was told by a Human Resources representative that she doesn't believe I should be refunded the money. When I spoke to a representative in our benefits department she was quite upset that I was asking for my money back. Do I have a leg to stand on here?

seniorjudge

Ask them just what your money went for (since it was not for medical coverage).

Sounds like you work for a bunch of crooks.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If they have been taking deductions from your pay for medical insurance that you have not received and they refuse to refund you for the premiums where you had no coverage, contact the US DOL and file a complaint. That's outrageous and in my opinion is a violation of ERISA.

corp626

Thank you all very much for your responses. I will pursue this. This situation is absolutely ridiculous to me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">