• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medical insurance for pregnancy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

harare

What is the name of your state?
Missouri
I am on a B1 visa and i just filed an extension on it as I met someone here and I just found out that i am 2.5 months pregnant. I have no medical insurance and i wanted to buy a coverage that will help me with my delivery. I want to know if the applicant (thats me) needs a social security number to purchase this insurance as i cannot get a SSN on a B1 status. I got in touch with an agent and he got me a plan with Blue Choice of Blue Cross Blue Sheild of Missouri and he says that SSN is not necessary. I just want to make sure if this is true as i do not want to pay the monthly premuims (which are rather large $390) and then denied coverage because i couldn't give a SSN.
Kindly advice....i am a nervous rack trying to deal with this unwed pregnancy, my visa status and pressure from home to abort the baby (which will happen if i leave the country and hence the extension!).
Thank You.
Harare

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you are asking whether or not the law requires you to have a social security number before you can get medical insurance, the answer is no, it does not.

SOME (by no means all) insurance carriers may require it, but you are not automatically barred from obtaining insurance SOMEWHERE because you do not have one. You may just have to try a few carriers, that's all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">