• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medical Malpractice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

richie

From Pa.
I was recently diagnoised with prostrate
cancer.In reveiwing my records I came across
my yearly physical in 1997.Records show...
1.A history of PC in family
2.On digital exam "enlarged prostrate"
3.PSA score of 8.3
I was never told of psa results or ever
refered to a urologlist.Normal psa readings
are 0 to 3.5 for my age.Now with psa of 14
I am considered out of "low risk" and into
"intermediate risk"group. This complicates treatment,prognosis and morbity.
Is this neligence on the part of the Dr.
for not inform me of the test results in 1917
Note...at present i`m with another Dr.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

If his disregard to tell you of those results led to your worsened situation, then yes.

You have to show his negligence led to your damage and that a reasonable doctor (some test like this) would have informed/disclosed this information to you.

P

PamSJS

Dear Richie;

Unfortunately, this kind of thing occurs too often. None the less, the physician who did the physical obviously knew you had a family history of PC. He should have told you then that you had an enlarged prostate. Furthermore, once he received the test results indicating you had an elevated PSA, he should have immediately contacted you and begun treatment, or referred you to another doctor who specializes in that arena.

My suggestion would be for you to contact a good medical malpractice attorney at once. Your doctor is guilty of negligence.

Best of luck;

Pam

L

lawrat

You need to act on quickly though, so the statute of limitations doesn't run on your possible case.

R

richie

Does anyone know how many years is "the statute of limitation" in a case like this.The exam took place in Oct.1997 But
I just learned of the results last week....
Would this limitation come from state(pa)
or Fed.??

Thanks too all that have responded
Rich

L

lawrat

Oh sorry. I misread. Yes, you just learned of the results, don't sweat the statute of limitations!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">