• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MEDICAL MALPRACTISE

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KATHY WELCH

I AM 51 YRS. OLD, AND WAS JUST TOLD I HAVE SEVER EMPHYSEMA. THE DR. SAID IF THIS HAD BEEN CAUGHT WHEN I WAS IN MY 30'S OR 40'S, it would not be this bad. I HAVE BEEN TREATED FOR MY LUNGS SINCE I WAS IN MY 20' CAN I DO ANY THING ABOUT THE NEGLECT?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face=" Arial, Verdana, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KATHY WELCH:
I AM 51 YRS. OLD, AND WAS JUST TOLD I HAVE SEVER EMPHYSEMA. THE DR. SAID IF THIS HAD BEEN CAUGHT WHEN I WAS IN MY 30'S OR 40'S, it would not be this bad. I HAVE BEEN TREATED FOR MY LUNGS SINCE I WAS IN MY 20' CAN I DO ANY THING ABOUT THE NEGLECT?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Do you see that writing in RED, above? Without a State name, we can't even attempt to assist you, if we're even able to assist you at all. Laws are different everywhere.

However, generally speaking, most States have up to a 3 year Statute of Limitiations for Medical Malpractice, starting from the time a patient should have "reasonably" been aware of the malpractice, but in no event longer than 3 years after the treatment.

So, in summary, I think with this much passage of time, you're out of luck.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

K

KATHY WELCH

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face=" Arial, Verdana, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE:
My response:

Do you see that writing in RED, above? Without a State name, we can't even attempt to assist you, if we're even able to assist you at all. Laws are different everywhere.

However, generally speaking, most States have up to a 3 year Statute of Limitiations for Medical Malpractice, starting from the time a patient should have "reasonably" been aware of the malpractice, but in no event longer than 3 years after the treatment.

IAAL
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
"YOU DID NOT HAVE TO BE SO RUDE"

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face=" Arial, Verdana, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KATHY WELCH:
Originally posted by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE:
My response:

IAAL
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
"YOU DID NOT HAVE TO BE SO RUDE"

My response:

Gee, I'm sorry you took it that way. I'm sorry that you're also, apparently, upset over your situation concerning your question. All because you can't read instructions, don't take it out on this contributor, or any contributor to these Boards.

You're welcome for the information anyway, even though you were "rude" by failing to to adhere to the "social graces" and saying "thank you".

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">