• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

medical needs in the US

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

guppie

I live in North Carolina and I wish to have my Father visit us (he lives in the United Kingdom). However, I am concerned about what would happen if he needed medical assistance while here - who would be responsible for it, him or me? I cannot find an insurance company who will insure him due to a previous heart surgery..

Thank you

Anna

vrzirn

It is the pre-existing heart condition that is the problem. Lloyd's of London issues an international policy but it is very expensive and does not begin to cover pre-existing conditions until you have had the policy for 2 yrs. The age limit is 74. Then it will only cover 25k lifetime limit.
Just have your dad come visit and keep your fingers crossed. He would be responsible for his medical bills but they may ask you to co-sign if he cannot pay cash.
I realize the UK has national health but are there any provisions in his policy for emergency care outside the country?

V

visitor_insured

it is dangerous, the cost of the system will be upon you...even if it is an emergency, they dont cover...visitors and their sponsors have no hope for medical coverage, this country(US) does not want to think about people in other countries who want to visit their loved ones, and usually they end up being old and ill....there is no solution to the problem..the costs are not at actuals, they are 10 times the cost of treatment....sorry no solution

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">