• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medical Negligence case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthewliam

Hi Everyone,
My uncle got admitted in a super specialty hospital last month due to severe ear pain. He was undergoing treatment under ENT . He was asked to take 7 injections (PAN D , Steroid injections).
After the sixth day I found him screaming on his bed shouting loudly covering his stomach with his hands seems like he was undergoing severe pain. I just rang the Nurse alarm and nobody came in.
I walked into the nursing station and did found they a couple of nurses were enjoying their cup of tea .
They were not even aware of the emergency signal from our room. They came and gave him some medicines which didn’t worked well. Still my uncle was shouting loud saying Do something that he was going to die. Nurses called up he duty doctor and after a brief consult he stated that it was a bowl perforation and he was shifted to Operation Theater for an open surgery. I inquired collecting all the medical reports gathered and consulted with one of my friends came to know that the perforation occurred due to the overdose of those steroid injections. The surgery was fine and uncle got discharged. I neglected to pay the bill for the surgery because the slip happened due to the mishandling of the hospital authority. Now they had filed a case on us regarding the failure of payment.
I was wandering should I pay the bill for this negligence ? I am totally addled and I need a good criminal defense lawyer to assist me in this case.

quincy

Hi Everyone,
My uncle got admitted in a super specialty hospital last month due to severe ear pain. He was undergoing treatment under ENT . He was asked to take 7 injections (PAN D , Steroid injections).
After the sixth day I found him screaming on his bed shouting loudly covering his stomach with his hands seems like he was undergoing severe pain. I just rang the Nurse alarm and nobody came in.
I walked into the nursing station and did found they a couple of nurses were enjoying their cup of tea .
They were not even aware of the emergency signal from our room. They came and gave him some medicines which didn’t worked well. Still my uncle was shouting loud saying Do something that he was going to die. Nurses called up he duty doctor and after a brief consult he stated that it was a bowl perforation and he was shifted to Operation Theater for an open surgery. I inquired collecting all the medical reports gathered and consulted with one of my friends came to know that the perforation occurred due to the overdose of those steroid injections. The surgery was fine and uncle got discharged. I neglected to pay the bill for the surgery because the slip happened due to the mishandling of the hospital authority. Now they had filed a case on us regarding the failure of payment.
I was wandering should I pay the bill for this negligence ? I am totally addled and I need a good criminal defense lawyer to assist me in this case.
FreeAdvice is a site that answers questions about US laws and US legal concerns. You will need to find assistance in your area of the world.

Good luck.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
I was in search for a criminal defense lawyer! Anyways Thank you.
This is not an attorney-referral site, nor do reputable attorneys troll message boards looking for clients. That aside -- your phrasing indicates you're not in the US, which would mean an attorney referral wouldn't do you much good.

(Edited to remove what may have been a spammer's link. )

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
He posted this on another site where I am a mod, and his IP address there indicated he was posting from India.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">