• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

medical reimbursement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

Imax

What is the name of your state? Ohio
My minurature dacshund slipped out an open gate and approached neighbor child and dog bite was alleged. Parents insisted on Emergency room visit for child. Parents reported only scratch and bruise detected at emergency room. No broken skin. Parent is active duty Air Force. My name reported and now Air Force demands I pay full cost. Do I have any right to question costs, Emergency Room visit seems excessively expensive and not warrented. This seems like a small cost for the Air Force to absorb. Do I just have a bad neighbor? House Dog has never been out before and never any complaints before.

Beth3

Charges for emergency room visits are always excessively expensive, which is why trips to the ER (rather than a doctor's office or walk-in clinic) are ill-advised unless there's a true emergency. However if that's where the parents opted to take their child, that's their choice.

In any event, you are completely responsible and liable for the actions of your pet. Period. There is no reason the U.S. Air Force (actually the tax payers) should pick up the expense because your dog nipped a child. If you want to challenge the cost, then you do so with the hospital who provided the service and see if they'll reduce the charge (good luck with that.) You can either pay the bill or wait to be sued. If you do the latter, I can guarantee that you will loose and have to pay anyway, plus court costs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">