• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

medical residency training- employers or educational insitution?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tresdo

What is the name of your state? IL

Not sure where to post this:

I am a physician who had an expunged academic probation in my medical training. (I was placed on academic probation; I contested it; I never did any of it; it was expunged; any reference to my academic probation was removed from my resident file.)

In one incomplete state medical license application, as well as one other hospital I had applied to (but didn't work there) and the matching residency program people, I disclosed my expunged academic probation when I was asked, was I ever on probation?

Now, a few years later as I moved on in my career, I stopped mentioning the probation in other state medical license applications as well as the federation cridentials verification service application. I did so because it was getting more complicated when I answered yes about probation. I would receive follow up questions about getting copies of my old resident file and confusingly, there was nothing in it about the probation. Also, depending on who answered my requests, the former doctors at the program who had initiated a probation on me only once answered that I was on probation and then officially, in other instances, answered that I was not.

Does anyone know if the old information I had out there (that I had an expunged academic probation, on one incomplete state medical license application, to one hospital and to the national resident matching program) is openly accessible to other state medical boards and future fellowship programs, future hospitals, future jobs?

I've heard of a 1973 educational federal law which supposedly mandates that educational institutions, unsolicited, cannot propagate remarks about former people at their places? Is this correct and if so, does this law apply to residency training programs, which is educational in nature but it is an actual employment too?

How much of my old information about an expunged academic probation is public?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">