• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

medical support of a child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

moblmowr2

my ex has been ordered to provide medical support through her employer and i have to re-imburse her a set amount. her employer took out the premiums but didn't pay them. i was only told of this because of taking him to the doctor for her a month after his coverage was terminated 1/1/02. her employer last week gave her back the premium and they now have another ins.carrier. this is the second time her boss has done this, but the first time for it to lapse, my ex has received 2 letters of prior coverage certifcates (1 in oct & 1 in jan). we both have been ordered to pay half of the uninsured expenses within 10 days of receiving copies & explanations of these expenses. the new insurance has a non-refundable application fee. now for my question, who should have to pay for this? i feel like her boss should since she caused the mess, my ex agrees but doesn't want to push it with her boss, who says she's not responsible. now my ex wants me to pay half of the app.fee and i disagree. who is responsible and do i need a lawyer? thank you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">